RPF Constable Syllabus 2018 Railway Protection Force Constable Exam Syllabus 2018 Download Syllabus of RPF Exam 2018 for Female and Male Constable Posts Check RPF Constable Selection Process & Exam Pattern for Written Exam & Physical Test
RPF Constable Syllabus 2018 Check Written/ PST/ PET Exam Pattern
Selection Process :
- Written Examination,
- Physical Efficiency Test & Physical Measurement,
- Viva-Voce Test & Document Verification
- Bonus Marks, if any, obtained and
- Medical Examination
Exam Pattern : RPF Constable Exam Pattern shall be as follows :
- Candidates can opt for one language from Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujurati, Bengali, Odia, Punjabi, Assamese and Manipuri to attend the test.
- One question carries one mark.
- All the questions in the exam are objective questions.
- There will be 120 Questions/ Marks.
- The question paper will consist of 35 questions on General Intelligence & Reasoning, 35 questions on Arithmetic and 50 questions on General Awareness.
- The time duration will be 01:30 hours (90 minutes).
- There will also be a negative marking. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Note : “Candidate must obtain at least 35% Marks (30% in the case of SC and ST candidates) in the Written Examination for being considered for other Test/Tests”.
Exam Syllabus :- Syllabus of written test is as follows :
General Intelligence & Reasoning : Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
Arithmetic : This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
General Awareness : Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|Event||Male||Female||No. of chances|
|1600 meters||5 min 45 sec||Not applicable||One|
|800 meters||Not applicable||3 min 40 sec||One|
|High Jump||3 feet 9 inches||3 feet||Two|
|Long Jump||14 feet||9 feet||Two|
Note : There will be no PET for Ex-Servicemen
Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Category||Height Male (Cms)||Chest Male (Cms)||Height Female (Cms)|
|UR/OBC||165||80 – 85||157|
Viva-Voce Test & Document Verification
- The purpose of the Viva-Voce Test is to determine the general intelligence, awareness, alertness and soldierly traits and to assess the overall suitability of the applicant for employment in the Railway Protection Force. Personal appearance in the Viva-Voce Test is compulsory.
- Maximum mark for the Viva-Voce Test is 5.
- The candidates must produce all original documents in support of their educational qualification, age, SC/ST/OBC status, where applicable (on the format prescribed in the advertisement), domicile and any other extra curricular activities including NCC at the time of Viva-Voce and documents verification.
Bonus marks (Maximum 5)
Bonus marks are allotted as under:
i) NCC: –
B Certificate of NCC – 01 mark
C Certificate of NCC – 02 mark
Maximum mark for NCC certificates is 02.
Benefit is available only on production of Original Certificate.
This benefit is not available to Ex-Servicemen.
Represented University at inter-university sports – 01 mark
Represented State at inter-state sports – 02 marks
Represented India at international sports meet – 03 marks.
Medal winner at national level sports meet – 03 marks
A male applicant whose height is 178 cms or more and a female applicant whose height is more than 165 cms will be given 03 marks as bonus.
iv) Total Bonus Marks for all categories put together shall not exceed 5.